The Deanship of Postgraduate Education - KSAU-HS are pleased to announce that the Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness (DMEP) will be conducted in the Central Region under the Trauma Courses Office, Deanship of Postgraduate Education KSAU-HS in collaboration with the Trauma Education Program, Deanship of Postgraduate Education, KSAU-HS, Western Region in the Deanship of Postgraduate Education Building, KSAU-HS, Riyadh.
Course Dates For 2017:
Student / Provider Course:
- July: 24
- August: 3
- October: 26
- December: 4
- Understand the surgical problems, injury patters, and issues that may result from disasters
- Discuss the role that surgeons can play in planning for and responding to mass casualty incidents and disasters, especially at a hospital level.
- Become familiar with the terms and concepts of incident command.
- Understand the principles and challenges of disaster triage.
- Become familiar with treatment principles related to blast injury, chemical attacks, and radiological dispersal devices.
- Know the civilian and military assets available for support.
See attached for your reference
Trauma Courses Office, 2nd Floor, Deanship of Postgraduate Education Bldg.
Mailing Address: MC 1255; PO Box 22490, Riyadh 11426, KSA
Tel No.: +966-11-429 1111 Ext. 91153; 91150
Fax No.:+966-11-429 1111 Ext. 91192