The Deanship of Postgraduate Education - KSAU-HS are pleased to announce that the Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness (DMEP) will be conducted in the Central Region under the Trauma Courses Office, Deanship of Postgraduate Education KSAU-HS in collaboration with the Trauma Education Program, Deanship of Postgraduate Education, KSAU-HS, Western Region in the Deanship of Postgraduate Education Building, KSAU-HS, Riyadh.
Course Dates For 2017:
Student / Provider Course:
- January: 23
- February: 7
- April: 17
- May: 31
- July: 24
- August: 3
- October: 26
- December: 4
- Understand the surgical problems, injury patters, and issues that may result from disasters
- Discuss the role that surgeons can play in planning for and responding to mass casualty incidents and disasters, especially at a hospital level.
- Become familiar with the terms and concepts of incident command.
- Understand the principles and challenges of disaster triage.
- Become familiar with treatment principles related to blast injury, chemical attacks, and radiological dispersal devices.
- Know the civilian and military assets available for support.
This course is accredited with CME Hours by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS).
See attached for your reference
Trauma Courses Office, 2nd Floor, Deanship of Postgraduate Education Bldg.
Mailing Address: MC 1255; PO Box 22490, Riyadh 11426, KSA
Tel No.: +966-11-429 1111 Ext. 91153; 91150
Fax No.:+966-11-429 1111 Ext. 91192