Infection Prevention Control Department King Abdulaziz Medical City- Jeddah Organized Endemic and Vector Borne Communicable Diseases Symposium
Infection Prevention Control Department at King Abdulaziz Medical City - Jeddah organized Endemic and Vector Borne Communicable Diseases Symposium (EMERGING) with the Vector Control National Program in the Ministry of Health and the participation of several medical and operational departments, such as: Pharmaceutical services, Laboratory, Nutrition Services and Primary Health Care Center. An exhibition was held within the two-day program and included several awareness-raising and educational events, as well as the scientific programme that organized a scientific symposium on common diseases and disease vectors. Lectures were given in infectious disease medicine, public health and infection control.
The Awareness Day aimed at enabling education and awareness-raising for all segments of society, especially during this period of the year, where climate conditions change, helping to breed, spread mosquitoes, and exposure to vectors such as mosquitoes that cause dengue. The exhibition also included awareness-raising stations on malaria, Zika disease, Leishmaniasis including, visceral and dermal types and other common diseases. The programme focused on ways of preventing dengue and other diseases transmitted through mosquitoes, including:
- Disposal of mosquito gathering places such as water basins.
- Cover, unload and clean all water tanks and basins.
- Use insect repellent skin creams and cover the body with long sleeved clothing.
- Ensure the safety of window clamping and free of holes that allow mosquito entry.
- Use of insecticides when disease spreads.
- Take caution and more precautions to prevent the spread of infection.