The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), in collaboration with the Postgraduate Training Center, KSAU-HS and the Department of Pharmacy, MNGHA, will be conducting the
Sterile Product Preparation Certificate Course
- Pharmacy Residents
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Intravenous (IV) Supervisors
- Contains 14 modules, online program
- 29 ACPE CE hours plus SCFHS CME hours
- This is a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)-recognized sterile compounding education / training program for those who are pursuing the PTCB Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician™ (CSPT™) certification.
- Covers both current USP<797 > as well as proposed USP<797 > and USP <800 >
- Professional certificate requirements:
- Successful completion of a 100-question online comprehensive exam
- Successful hands-on demonstration
This program provides continuing education for pharmacists and technicians, incorporating recorded presentations, readings, video demonstrations, and exercises in curricular modules. The program covers sterile product preparation practice standards and regulations, pharmacy calculations, facilities and equipment, cleanroom personnel behaviors and expectations, sterile compounding components and procedures, stability and sterility, non-sterile to sterile compounding, hazardous drugs, and all aspects of handling from material receipt to final check or disposal. After completing all of the modules, participants should be proficient in the fundamental concepts required to ensure safe and compliant sterile product preparation.
- Send your concise CV for assessment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject please write “STERILE PRODUCT”.
- Confirmation and the link of the registration site will be sent by email if you are qualified to register.
- After registering, you will receive further instructions how to proceed with the online course. This will include an access code from the ASHP. Online course must be finished before March 2020.
- After completing the online module, you should take a 100-question online comprehensive exam (two attempts allowed) with at least 80 percent passing rate. Online exam must also be done before March, 2020.
- After passing the online exam, you will be required to attend the hands-on demonstration and training that will be supervised by a qualified pharmacist from ASHP. Hands-on will run on 8-10 March 2020 at the Postgraduate Training Center, Deanship of Postgraduate Education Building, KSAU-HS, Riyadh.
COURSE FEE – SAR 5,000 (Limited seats. For selected CVs only)
For more details please contact: +966 11 42 91063 or call directly the extension 84- 91063.
Click Here for Compounded Sterile Preparation Certificate For Pharmacists